HUEY'S BLOG
www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Sunday, October 21, 2007
1st week of school ♥ 1:33 PM
Common-sensically speaking, I should be continuing my last post on Yunnan. But nah, I wanna post about my first week of the new sem in school! =P

I only went to my classes on thursday cos it was during the wee hours of tues morn that I reached back to S'pore. What's more, I have blank slots on wednesdays! :D

Thurs:
First lesson was tutorial on CDEV 2.2 (Psychology of the Exceptional Child). For a moment, I was a bit surprised when I opened the classroom door. There were only XueYing and the (young looking) malay teacher inside. Furthermore, I was 5 mins late. 10 mins later, it was still only the 3 of us. lol. It was only a while later tt the rest of my classmates started trickling in. They're making good use of the 15-minute policy. haha. But by that time, I could see tt the teacher was looking displeased. I asked her qns about premature babies during class break, but the answers that she gave me seemed to differ from what I've read in books. =X Oh, nvm... Mayb she misunderstood what I meant.
(XY told me after e lesson tt the teacher is actually pretty fierce. According to her, tt teacher looked like some popcorn that was ready to pop any moment during lecture on monday. She must have successfully instilled fear in many of the students, cos another student from another class came to me and XY during lunch break, anxiously asking to borrow LECTURE notes for her TUTORIAL later. Good thing I wasn't in school on monday. Or else I would have probably tried to blend in with the tables and chairs during tut on thurs. jkjk.)

After that, it was tutorial for Field Practicum 2.2. And our teacher is Belinda Seet again! I always get uber confused and frustrated when doing her assignments and projects.

Then, it was a 4-hour lunch break. We went to download some photoshop software and Microsoft Word 2007 for the IT & Applications 2 lesson. I also went to catch up on two lessons worth of work for ITA. Many thanks to XY for tt.

We had "Singapore Families: Policies & Practices" tutorial (AGAIN! :'( ) at 4pm. Mrs Lucy sounds alot like Mrs Agnes.

6 pm. Finally, no more lessons for the day!
Saw CO peeps in canteen 1, and since grandma wouldn't be cooking my dinner tt day, I ate my dinner with them. We practiced 'A town where you can see the ocean' and 'Mo li hua'. 'Mo li hua' was quite a disastrous first attempt (at least for me), but nevertheless, good try to all. Finally, SHUYANNN is backkk to CO! =P hahaha

Friday:
I feel like crying. Tutorials all day from 9 - 6. With only a 1-hr lunch break in between. Miserable maggots!!
So... 'Developing Parent Invovlement Programs' tut frm 9 to 11 am. It's Mrs Elizabeth Tan teaching us again. She's alrite. At least I feel comfortable enough during her lessons. So far. Then, 'Effective Communication' tut from 11 to 1. It's Tan Puay Ling!!! Me and XY started grinning like cheshire cats when we saw her. *wink wink. She showed us 4 clips from Harry Potter 1, and we had to figure out the channels of communication, ...

The 7 of us had an early celebration for Lisi's birthday during break. Happy Belated Birthday, Li Si!

After break, it was 'Science for Young Children' tut with Mrs Corina Chu again. She taught us PPCM in year 1. The first part of the tutorial felt like a fashion class la. With most of our classmates and her engaging into a talk about her new hairstyle, rebonding, good hair salons, good hairstylists, my classmates' hairstyles... while I was looking on amusedly. We experimented (played, actually) with batteries, wires, and lightbulbs during tt lesson. It brought back memories on Science lessons during my primary school days.

Finally, the last lesson for the day was 'Advance Speech Training'. It's Mrs Brenda Tan. Never seen her before. She looked so strict in the beginning, I thought my doomsday had arrived. I still remember clearly the lessons on 'Basic Speech Training' in year 1: Giving speeches (alone! =/) in front of the whole class, oral tests, reading passages with expression, discussing about selected topics with a partner, while 2 teachers critic you; a 40% (if i did not rmb wrongly) mini speech with close to 50 people looking silently at you. In all these activities and tests, we're marked for eye-contact with audience, body language, articulation, tenses, expression, loudness/softness. Eeeks.
However, after an hour or so, Mrs Brenda Tan seems to be a pleasant enough teacher. At least she smiles and looks at you when it's your turn to give a speech (yes, speech again! :'( ).

Overall, I can't say I've enjoyed the first week of school. There're only 3 lectures each week. Which means I can't see any of the A01 or Bo2 friends except during these 3 lecutures, which are on mondays and tuesdays. Which means I don't get to see any of them for the next 3 days. Which means I'm stuck with looking at only one class for most times for the rest of the year. ><

The school has also become stricter on us about blogging. Here it is:

If you are found to be guilty of doing so, disciplinary action will be taken against you.

Complaining much, am I?




- -Huey-
Others


Accessories (Yan Yan)
Xinyi, Shuyan, Sok Feng, SISTER, Wei Ling, Lay Leng, Victoria Bhojwani, Liyan, Hwee Yim, Guan Jie, Yee Lin, Joanne, Zhen Jian, Wendy, Violet, Ai, Yi Jie, Qian Ping, Belinda, Bridget, Wan Hua, Yusliza, Qiu Ting,
CREDITS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7


songs
OWNER
The 3 basic things that you ought to know abt:
AL/HUI
First cried in 5th December 1989
loves Music & Dance
and loves Purple


回忆箱: