Took a 4 hr 50 mins flight to Kunming. It was dawn when we reached. I wasn't really in the mood to sight-see that morning cos I was having a pretty bad stomachache. But here are a few pics:
At night, we went for this banquet performance, entitled ‘三大宴舞’, for dinner. The setting was really majestic and the dancers beautiful.
Day 2:
Visited Shilin and Jiuxiang. Shilin used to be under the sea millions of years ago. After changes in the climate, the sea water dried up and what's left are these rocks shown below:
I was made to go up and dance with the dancers by my mother. We had to try and learn their tribe dance steps as we were following their actions. In other words, we had to imitate them. Despite having danced since Kindergarten, I felt like a complete fish out of water trying to learn their steps while keeping in time with the music. What's worse, I was filmed by the camera-woman in our tour group! Noooooooo...!!! >0<
In Jiuxiang, we sat on cable cars that were window-less, buckle-less! It was really quite freaky. One of our tour group member dropped his bag while sitting in the cable car. Both his and his wife's passports were inside. Fortunately, the staff there managed to retrieve the bag back in the end. How in the world they managed to do it, I seriously have no idea.
Went inside a scenic cave that has waterfalls inside, and climbed more than 300 steps up to get out of it.
The outside of the cave
Day 3:
A 4 hour plus bus ride to Dali. I absolutlely LOVE Dali! It consists both modern and ancient city. We went to the ancient city and stayed in the hotel there as well. The Dali Ancient City is not only a tourist spot. There are people who really live there! It felt like I'd walked into a place that is dated back centuries ago. What's more, the mountain peaks there are hidden within the clouds! There's this place called 'Caucasian Street (洋人街)' in the Dali Ancient City. It's where groups of caucasians reside there after falling in love with the simplicity of life at the place.
Btw, the exterior of the hotel that we lived in looks like a temple, while the inside is styled with a cool mix of modern and ancient chinese furnishings. I got so thoroughly over-excited tt I started snapping pictures of out hotel room once we got inside. lol. =P
1st pic: Entrance gate of Dali Ancient City
2nd: Parts of mountains hidden within e clouds
Day 4:
Went up to this Chinese temple and saw some old grannies cooking! ^^ They're still wearing their traditional clothings. However, looking the state of their cooking area... =/
After leaving Dali, we moved further up to Lijiang. Like Dali, Lijiang also consist of an ancient city (with people still living there as well). The Lijiang Ancient City looks really beautiful at night. It's like the night view of the ghost town in the movie 'Spirited Away', with all the lights and red lanterns. The whole city gets crowded and alive at night, with people singing in the streets and dancing away in the pubs.
K, shall stop here n update more about the trip the next time. Till then!