HUEY'S BLOG
www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Saturday, March 8, 2008
♥ 10:27 PM
I wanted to blog yesterday, but ended up giving a one-liner post due to my exhaustion. Today's post shall be a proper one. =)

Been running around to many places these few days.

Thursday:
Met Liuyin at around 7.45 am @ Boon Lay station. We went to the community club to help out as service staff. Lisi, Sok Feng and Shuyan came too. Basically, the whole thing was a project to help (mostly) middle-aged citizens in their job hunting. Those people who came had to go through 3 rounds of interview (!!!), before determining whether they will get a job or not.

Received a call from my mentor at ard 8 plus. She asked if I could come down to the childcare centre to help out on that very day itself. o_O Then, after rejecting and explaining myself, she asked me to go down on the next day instead.

After the call, I continued helping out in setting the tables n such. Btw, the manager's a nice person. She told us to 'sit down and rest' and 'let the guys carry the chairs'. First time seeing such an easy-going manager! Then, after the people started filling in the hall, I went ard helping those who had difficulties filling their application forms.
One memorable scene: I was helping this middle-aged lady to fill up her form, and had to translate the words on the paper verbally into Chinese for her. After translating out one particular question, the lady went shrieking, '我没有犯过法!' LOL.

We left at close to 6. Then, after grabbing a small bite (which was actually just a cone of ice-cream) at JurongPoint with LY, we took bus 154, which took years to arrive. -_- I went off for CO while LY went home.

Anway, LY and I had our interview. We are both assigned to Suntec City, but under different restaurants. LY is at Ichiban Boshi, while I will be working at Kuishin-Bo.


Friday:
Received a call from my mentor at 7.30 am, asking me to bring my O'Levels cert, bank account book and IC down to the centre. So funny la, calling me up at the last minute the previous day, and then doing the same thing again today!

Reached the childcare centre at 8.50 am. After filling up the job application form, my mentor asked me to teach the nursery class - without giving me any lesson plan or guideline to follow! Aren't NTUC Childcare centres supposed to have 'theme of the month(s)' and pre-prepared lesson plans for the teachers?

Luckily, there was another teacher at the nursery class. The teacher took half the class while I took another half. If not, I would be stuck unprepared with a class of 25 children. Furthermore, I was very unfamiliar with the nursery class as I was attached to the (now) K1 children during my attachment period.

Anwy, when I stepped into the classroom, the children went, 'Teacher Yee Hwueiii!!!' Ahh, the children remembered me! ^^ For a few moments, I was sandwiched between the children crowding around me, giving me hugs & kisses. =) I've missed the children in my class!

ALOT of things happened throughout the whole day. The theories tt I've learnt were put into testing. Being in the centre for the whole day is entirely different from when you're attached for a mere 3 hours during your attachment.

I went over to the PlayGroup class at 4.30 pm.

Playgroup teacher: 'I think u don't need to come here. I'll call another teacher to come and help.'
Me: 'Err, Teacher Lee asked me to come here'
Playgroup teacher: 'Oh. But I think you cannot manage them. These children are very playful. You don't have enough experience. They are very young (18 months).'
Me: 'Ok. Then should I stay here for awhile before the other teacher comes?'
Playgroup teacher: 'Yeah ok. You stay here for awhile first.'

Then, she left me ALONE with the children!
'The other teacher' never came.


Conversation(s) with mentor:
Mentor: 'So, I'll put you down for the whole of next week as well.' Haven't I already said that I have a new job?
Me: 'Umm, I can't confirm yet. My trail day for my new job (Kuishin-Bo) is on monday, 5 to 10 pm. I'll have to see what the manager says about the schedule.'
Mentor: 'Huh. But is only Monday right?'
Me: 'I don't know yet. Monday is the trail day. I'll have to see what happens after that.'
Mentor: 'Isn't Early Childhood suppose to be your first priority?'
*
*

Mentor: 'Why don't you push back the dates of your working days (of Kuishin-Bo job)?' Do you want me to get fired even before I start my job?

*
*
Mentor: 'U come down on next thursday ok?'
Me: 'I can't confirm yet. My trail day for the new job is on monday. I'll have to see what happens after that.'
Mentor: 'But your job hour is only starting at 5 pm right?'
Me: 'Err, no. That's just for the trail day. It may be different for other days.'
Mentor: 'Then you come down on thursday. Untill 4 pm. Since it's only starting at 5 pm. Where is your workplace?'
Me: '... Suntec.'
Mentor: 'Ohh, Suntec is very near Bukit Merah la! Just take the train down can le. 1 hour should be more than enough time to travel. So thursday you come down untill 4 pm.'
Me: '...'


And this is how I ended up with 2 jobs.

- -Huey-
Others


Accessories (Yan Yan)
Xinyi, Shuyan, Sok Feng, SISTER, Wei Ling, Lay Leng, Victoria Bhojwani, Liyan, Hwee Yim, Guan Jie, Yee Lin, Joanne, Zhen Jian, Wendy, Violet, Ai, Yi Jie, Qian Ping, Belinda, Bridget, Wan Hua, Yusliza, Qiu Ting,
CREDITS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7


songs
OWNER
The 3 basic things that you ought to know abt:
AL/HUI
First cried in 5th December 1989
loves Music & Dance
and loves Purple


回忆箱: