www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
♥ 1:13 PM
I'm officially SICK! =(
Woke up this morning with a blocked nose, cracky voice and cough. Blegh.
I'm so glad I don't have to go to the childcare centre or Kuishin-Bo today. Dun wanna spread the germs to others, especially the little ones.
Btw, I was right in my previous post when I said I'd better start memorising the pricings ( plus various promotions) soon. When I went back on Sunday (25/3), I found out I was stationed to Outside Service for the night. Which gave me an ominous feeling. Then, the manager gave me an ordering/price pad, asking me to take customers in! *screams. I haven't even fully memorised where the various tables at the various sections are! But overall, I think I did OK. Then, another staff taught me the various duties for the OS station. But then, he and Doreen (manager) told me to pick up the phone in the future too! Nooooo... Doing pre-booking for customers seem to be a rather complicated process, cos there's a need to check for this and that. Furthermore, I don't wanna pass down the wrong information to the customers cos I know what Singaporeans' fave pasttime is. Haha. P/S: I shall leave the phone far FAR away whenever it rings in the future! JKJKAnwy, I took a peek at the pre-booking booklet. There're customers who are doing pre-booking as far away as to April. o_O Sure, the food at Kuishin-bo is good (there's even a mini chocolate fondue! Yummm), it's a buffet, there're alot of varieties to choose from, the restraurant is big, the ambience is good, but it's expensive! $$$ If you go for dinner on a weekend or Friday, it'll be $39.80++ per person, which actually equates to $40 plus per person in the end (Hey, I rmb my pricing! =P). It's ex to me la. Monday (24/3)Back to work at Kuishin-bo again, from 10.30 am - 10.30 pm. Meh.I officially became a Teppanyaki runner for the 1st time tt day (in the afternoon). It was tiring - the uncle cooked so fast, he almost gave me a heart attack. Then at night, I was stationed to Outside Service again, plus another station inside the restraurant. I was the last one to finish doing my duty for closing that night! ...After 1 week plus of working at Kuishin-bo, I realise you have to 'know what you have to do' over there. We don't have to learn how to make sushis and all, but there're procedures and steps to the various duties assigned to you for each day. And, they range from A - K. There are different responsibilities for each alphabet (duty). I was fortunate to have received help from another staff yesterday night. If not, I would've not finished my duty even till my knock-off time. But, she told me that I would've to be fast and know exactly where everything is and is supposed to be at in the future, cos I 'will be left alone'. Yeah, her words are not wrong. When working, you'll have to eat alone during breaks, answer for yourself, smile to customers even when you're feelin down in the dumps, 看别人的脸色... And when you're in the midst of doing something, but got called by another person to help out with something for awhile, you'll be shown a black face for supposedly not doing what you're supposed to do when you get back. But nvm, all these can be lessons about people relations for me. As well as a process that strengthens independency.
- -Huey-