HUEY'S BLOG
www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Saturday, December 20, 2008
♥ 8:06 PM
Before people start thinking that I've been abducted by aliens, I should do a post. Though this have passed pretty long ago, I still wanna do this: Firstly, thank you to the 30 plus or so pple who sent me their birthday wishes, as well as for their presents and celebrations (for some others). A few sent me belated bday wishes as well. Thanks for that too. And also to Chai Bee, who said she PURPOSELY waited till 3 days later before sending me her bday message, cos she wanted to be the last person to wish me. LOL. okayyy. Thanks, girl!

For those who didn't, well, it doesn't matter. If even making an effort to remember a date, or sending a simple message is such a hard thing, then I suppose it puts the genuineness of some people's concern right before then into question. Oh, don't need to crack your head to think whether it's you. If you think you are not, then you are not. I know who are those who genuinely forgot/don't know. And those who simply don't want to make the effort to remember.

[edit: It's ironic how people whom you hardly ever talk to can send a message (and on the actual day itself), which actually comes as a warm surprise. Yet for those that you hope/expect to, is unable to do so. Truthfully, I think certain things would've lost its meaning when it comes late, though I wouldn't not appreciate the gesture. This is just me. It's like laughing 5 seconds after the person has finished telling a joke, or giving a person his main course after he has finished his desserts. But, I'm only saying this in the perspective of someone in referral to people whom he/she really cares for. If you get what I mean. Bee - I didn't mean u! LOL =P]

Anyway, before I post those b'day pics: NAPFA!


Post 2.4 km run: me and xinyi
I got Silver! =)

OK, back to my b'day stuffs.

Celebration 1:
Chai Bee and Xiang Ying gave me and Teck Bun a surprise early celebration for our birthdays (Bun's birthday is only 1 day earlier than me!). They bought individual cakes for us. But...


The cakes melted! LOL

We went to esplanade in the evening, and whirled time away playing 'truth or dare'.


Star necklace from Bee and Xiangying.


Celebration 2:
'Wonderers' gave me a dress and belt 1 day before my birthday and told me to wear it out the next day. Which I did. =)



On the day itself, we went to Suntec's K Box. And they also gave me a surprise by bringing in a cake in the middle of k session.

cake!


cutting the cake


me!


OK, we're laughing cos the cake, which proved too hard to be cut up (long story), went through several processes before we could cut through the last layer. Haha

me and Michele

Sok Feng (and xueying)

Li Si

Shuyan

Xue Ying

Michele

Yen Yen

Wonderers! =D

Us again =)

Thanks girls, for the celebration, cake and presents! I really enjoyed myself on my birthday. =) I was really touched tt they squeezed out their time to prepare these for me, despite us all being busy with IEP and a ton of other projects. And thank you, lisi, for that little x'mas card and angel clippy thing!


Celebration 3:
My parents brought me to the new Kuishin-Bo branch at Great World City for dinner on that day after the k session with wonderers. =)


Celebration 4:
Xinyi and Yeelin gave me a belated celebration at orchard (far east plaza). We had lunch at Pastamania and chatted alot, which I really enjoyed. It's not often that I can have good chats with people, especially so with big groups. Maybe I am just selectively-chatt-able (is there such a word?! lol) with certain people whom I have that 'click' feeling with when I talk to them (not those casual chats, but a real chat, if u know what I mean).

Oddly enough, they are the only few people whom I will feel weird when they call me 'Yi Huey', when most people and other close friends call me by this name. It's like how I would feel if Yin were to suddenly call me 'Alicia' one day. lol


And, present! =D




Dress number 1

Dress number 2

And they also got me this small chocolate mousse as a 'bday cake'! Haha... and sang a birthday song for me with this! ^^ I feel so blessed for having them and wonderers in my poly life.

me and xinyi

Yeelin and me

xinyi and me 2


Y^3!


My presents:

necklace
bracelet
Red packet from Ah Ma! (maternal grandma)
The belt and dress from wonderers:


The 2 dresses from Yeelin and Xinyi:


The star necklace from Bee and Xiangying
Purple handbag chosen by my mum.

Another Ang Bao from Aunt Gek Peng!

And, a Sony Ericsson (W595) HP from dad! =D
Finally, not forgetting LIUYIN BESTIE, who sent me an e-mail from QingDao at 12 am! =D She is coming back in... 34 more days!!!

Haha, though she sent me her message on the dot, Koon Kit was even earlier than her. He sent me a sms half-an hour before my birthday cos he was 'going to sleep soon'. lol. So, this year, Cookie is the first one to wish me! Haha... OHH, and COOKIE IS ATTACHED!!! Koonkit, jia you ar! Another couple in NPCO! ~~

Next, I got my Provisional Driving License!

Will be taking private driving lessons from Xinyi's dad. I finally am starting my driving lessons at 19 - when my dad has started telling me to do so long before I turned 18. =X

Finally...

I got accepted into Wheelock College to do my Bachelor's Degree.

I have an odd mixture of feelings about this.. Xueying, my ECH buddy and project mate of 3 years won't be going with me; Xinyi, Shuyan, Lisi, SokFeng... all won't be. But, ohh well, whatever comes around, comes around. I will accept this offer. Another 2 years of path laid out for me.


So... to those people out there who still visit this blog: That's basically all that has happened to me ever since the last time I posted. I don't know what's happening with other friends/people cos I stopped reading blogs (like I mentioned that I would the other time), except for Xinyi's and a few random ECH pple.

All too soon, the end of this year is impending, and a new year will be arriving, and we will be graduating and moving on to another path of our lives. Should I be doing a reflection of my poly life?

Truthfully, I don't have very much to say. What can I say? I have completed about 180 projects/assignments in 3 years (an average of 30 for each semester), I fell sick a number of times due to not sleeping/sleeping too little while rushing my work over these 3 years, 2 people left this world over 2 consecutive years - both of which came as a sudden news. But, I think, the worst thing is not attending a funeral or watching someone being cremated and turning into ashes. It's watching someone passing away infront of you. I think this is when people truly feel the meaning of 'treasuring what you have' when they experience this stage at some point of their lives. I know I talk very morbidly about such things. Don't ask me. I don't know why either.

Oh yes. Which reminds me of something else.

I was indirectly tagged to do this blog thing on 10 weird things about myself.

Here goes:
1. Many a times, I don't really show it out when I care.

2. I probably really am selectively-chattable.

3. I can sense people's thoughts and feelings, even if they might deny it. But as usual, I won't say it out.

4. My maternal grandma told me I wasn't interested in toys as a toddler. Instead, I was attracted to shiny things in departmental stores, especially jewellery. 0_O

5. I am easily touched, but not easily woo-ed. This is probably one of the reasons why I am still single after 19 years.

6. I cannot take gory shows, especially when they show those parts where arms and legs fall off, blood spurting out like fountain... urgh. Which means, DON'T ever show me Happy Tree Friends!! Those cartoons are suppose to be cute! >.< '

7. Funnily enough, I am OK with horror shows. In fact, I love watching them, even when I know I will almost always end up wasting 1/3 of my money. -_- Talk abt being contradicting.

8. I can sleep even when I stand in moving trains.

9. My imagination can stretch really far ahead.

10. I'll leave it to you to think of one. =)


Christmas is coming - a festive season I've always loved, though my family don't celebrate it. Seeing christmas lightings around, christmas trees, and people singing christmas carols... All these always give me an indescribable warm feeling. If only my parents are willing to celebrate it, how nice would it be. =)


Before I leave, to those I have not seen in awhile: take care
Merry Christmas to all.

- -Huey-
Others


Accessories (Yan Yan)
Xinyi, Shuyan, Sok Feng, SISTER, Wei Ling, Lay Leng, Victoria Bhojwani, Liyan, Hwee Yim, Guan Jie, Yee Lin, Joanne, Zhen Jian, Wendy, Violet, Ai, Yi Jie, Qian Ping, Belinda, Bridget, Wan Hua, Yusliza, Qiu Ting,
CREDITS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7


songs
OWNER
The 3 basic things that you ought to know abt:
AL/HUI
First cried in 5th December 1989
loves Music & Dance
and loves Purple


回忆箱: