HUEY'S BLOG
www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Thursday, April 2, 2009
♥ 5:00 PM
OK pple, I AM BACK!!!
Have learnt loads in this trip and took lots of pictures as well. Unfortunately, blogger's been giving me probs, so here are just a few of the many that we took:

Singapore Changi Airport:
This is a pic of the whole YEP group. We splitted into 2 groups in China, however. My group went to Qitao, while the other went to Sha Xian.
Moneyy $$$
Strange how I can even miss the times there even when looking at RMB.

Letters and presents from the children there! They're so sweet~

I got injured there though =(
Injury no. 1:

The 1st leader from my group slipped while walking on an elevated kerb at the river during our first river cleaning session. He was behind me when he slipped, fell, and pushed me along. Worse thing is, he only got one small cut on his big TOE. -_-

I went to the hospital there twice. The doctor initially wanted me to take an injection, which I refused. Anyway, quite a number of others injured themselves during the 1st river cleaning session too. But I think the only person who got a worse injury than mine was Junxi, our 2nd leader. He stepped onto glass bits at the river. o.o

Injury no. 2:
I flew off a bike that the 1st leader (which is, the SAME GUY) was riding on. -_-

He went down a slop, almost hit something oncoming at the opposite side (a car, i think?), and I literally flew off from behind and rolled on the ground. While he was FINE and SAFE.

I can only say luckily I know how to roll properly. Funny, no?
Injury no. 3:
Hit by a brick.
Haiz... nothing to say. I cannot lie and say that I'm not angry, because I was. I know my family, especially my dad, was furious. I know accidents do happen, but I can't help myself from feeling upset too. Am I being petty? Hmmm

Anyway, Seow Wei got injured too:

She fell down on the stairs at our host family's house. Ended up with a 'bao' on her right knee. Ouch =X

OK, unhappy things aside...
I really enjoyed my times there with the kids at Qitao, and my team mates as well. =)

We had to take a 6 - 8 hr train ride to Sanming after reaching Xiamen. After tt, it was another 1 hour plus bus ride to Qitao.
At the train station:



Got bed!! hahha

We reached Qitao Secondary School at 6 am in the morning the following day.

View taken from the girls dorm at dawn


ccc-oldddd!!! I slept inside my sleeping bag, with 2 blankets on top during some nights. BRRR~

Things that I miss there:

Qitao Secondary School, of cos


Ban mian!


Bian rou!!!


Tt spicy BBQ sotong at Xiamen City which was so NICE


The place where we have our meals everyday at Qitao Secondary School...


RANDOM PICS:


Little Yi Fei. She's cute!



visit to the coal mine





The bubble tea (milk tea) at Xiamen is NICE!!! =D



I ate 4 meals a day over there almost everyday. The vegetables (which I ate alot over there) there are sweet and crunchy. The cooking auntie also cooked this fried potato bits which had an outer later of coated sugar for many of our meals, cos we loved it so much. Haha. Then me, Seow Wei, Xinli, and Jun Xi would always go out for supper almost every night. BIAN ROU and BAN MIAN! Lol. And I realised I keep on talking abt food. =X Sorry~

Continuing...

Me and Fang Ying!
I stayed at her house for 1 night. Her house's so nice! Fang Ying is a mature, quiet and understanding girl who has this strong yet soft side abt her. She cried when we were abt to leave Qitao. I rmb seeing her walking towards the exit of the school when we were abt to board the bus to leave. So I ran and caught up with her. She then said she's leaving (gg home) first cos “我不想看见你们走。。。” =(

Me and my 'dance teacher'.
I learned their dance over there:

I dance,


I dance,


... and I got stuck halfway at learning the proper steps.

Teaching sessions:

Look at how much they learn!


We taught them an English song.



Working time:







River cleaning sessions:


me with the cheena hat! =P


Talks with the villagers abt keeping the environment (river as the main point) clean:

Mountain climbing:
I made sure I stayed clear away from Wei Yang that time. LOL =X The paths were steep, narrow, uneven and a little unsafe. I didn't want to have another injury (or worse, fatal accident) again because of him. Sorry ya, have to be frank. =X
RANDOM SHOTS part 2:











The DUST in the girls' dorm


Sceneries & views (Qitao village):






Beautiful~


Campfire night:


I had a piano performance during tt night! Some of the girls in my team sang along to the song for it. =)


Shadow skit
There was also the para para dance and acapella song tt our team did. But I don't have the pics for the dance. Argh..

I love this pic:

Unsuccessful jump-shot, but priceless expressions.


The 'Shallow' team! Shallow, Shallower, Shallowest, and Shallowist (me). Haha =)
We went back to Xiamen during the last 2 days. Shopped and shopped untill I had so much to carry back:
The Qitao Group

At Xiamen.

Seow Wei & Xinli: Got to know them better during this trip. Though we were in the same class for 3 years, we'd always hung out with different cliques in school. I realised Xinli's quite an independent person in her own ways, while Seow Wei don't act like her age (which is good at times, I think). But I got to know more abt her past experiences through this trip, and vice-versa too. For Xinli, she's one happy and lucky person whose life's been pretty smooth-sailing. Anyway, hope to get to know them better.
Jun Xi: The 2nd leader who is a nice and friendly guy, who also holds a black belt in Taekwondo (whoo!). Haha, Shallowest! I've things to say abt him but I don't know where to start from. He's actually the first guy who knows certain things abt my past. I was surprised myself too. Hmm, I guess he's one of the few whom I've forged a closer friendship bond with in this group. =) Keep in contact k, JX! *flip flip!
Wei Yang: The accident-prone 1st leader. Haiz. Be more CAREFUL ok!! Hmm.. Alrites, he plays basketball quite well. ~
Samantha & Farhana: My 2 juniors in ECH. JIA YOU girls! Long road ahead for you guys! They're 2 girls who're easy to talk to. I always see Samantha smiling. Haha. Keep the smile on! And Farhana too!
Ian: Rugby guy who's the youngest in our group. Ian, I don't ignore you ok! Lol. He's a tall and strong guy in our group who does manicures and pedicures. LOL. But he's one who takes care of the members well. I rmb him offering to help me deal with my wound after I fell at the river the other time. Thanks! =)
Eugene: Don't know him tt well, but he's one who shows concern towards others too. Can see that this trip has impacted him alot.
Alvin: The guy who constantly teases me or do random things to see if I'd get irritated. -_- lol
Wan Ting: A GREAT dancer! Whoots~
Fahmy: Our approachable and friendly medic. Thanks for taking care of us all, Fahmy!
Cindy: It was not untill the last few days of the trip that I found out tt we share certain similar experiences in our past. I can see that she's been through alot, and is still gg through certain tough periods in her life. Take care, girl! Stay strong~

Other updates:
There was/is supposed to be this graduation trip to Malaysia for NPCO. But my dad's not keen on letting me go there! =( And Yang nvr replied to my last 2 messages! I really have no idea how the plan's coming along now. Though I smsed her tt I can't go, but perhaps my dad may change his mind after awhile!? *prays hopefully!
And I haven't been back to CO in a really REALLY long time. Since October last year, I think. Hmm... Hope everyone's well. Jia you for PP, CO! I don't think I will be joining in the performance, cos I don't think I'll be able to catch up anyway. Hmm, to those CO peeps whom I hadn't seen/contacted in awhile. take care alrights?
Next, I'm going to TAIWAN!! =D
Will be gg there with Xinyi, Yeelin and Qiuting (cos QT wanna go there and meet up with her BF who's doing his NS training there). My sis and parents are coming along too. This was a last min change cos Xinyi's mum was worried abt having no adults there with us, especially since we're gg there for the first time.
Haiz. My dad's funny: allow me to go Taiwan, but don't allow me to go M'sia with CO peeps. Sadded. He was even OK to the idea of me and my YEP mates gg back to Qitao lor. =(
Alrights, ttz all for today!
.
.
.
(Pssss! 1 more post below! =P)
V
V

- -Huey-
Others


Accessories (Yan Yan)
Xinyi, Shuyan, Sok Feng, SISTER, Wei Ling, Lay Leng, Victoria Bhojwani, Liyan, Hwee Yim, Guan Jie, Yee Lin, Joanne, Zhen Jian, Wendy, Violet, Ai, Yi Jie, Qian Ping, Belinda, Bridget, Wan Hua, Yusliza, Qiu Ting,
CREDITS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7


songs
OWNER
The 3 basic things that you ought to know abt:
AL/HUI
First cried in 5th December 1989
loves Music & Dance
and loves Purple


回忆箱: