www.dancing-notez.blogspot.com
认不清,看不清。。。
Saturday, December 19, 2009
♥ 2:45 AM
*Looks at the layer of dust
Ah-chooo! Opps.
Ahaha.. =X Been busy teaching recently. I was at Learning Vision as an assistant teacher for 2 weeks. Then I moved on to my current centre at Cashew area, now as a form teacher for the first time. I'm teaching the toddlers' class, and it's been hectic and tiring. In some ways, all the added responsibilities that comes along as a form teacher made me realise many things as a preschool educator - especially when you are taking care of very young kids, who need much more physical and emotional care than the older children in the kindergarten level.
All my kids in my class are only around 2 years of age. There are 12 of them in total, 1 with suspected Autism, 2 with biting cases, and ALL with fighting, screaming and crying instances everyday. The way they hit and pinch one another... O.O ouch.
I've really learnt alot in a short span of time in this centre. By the 2nd day, I've managed to remember all my 12 toddlers' names. Learning to recognise their water bottles (you cannot believe how many of them have such similar purple coloured barney water bottles -.-), their bags, remembering what they ate, what time they soiled their diapers, what they've learnt for the day... because we have to record all these details in their communication booklets to the parents everyday. The tough part is ensuring their safety. Some of them like to hide themselves in the toy FRIDGE at the play corner, which is truly frightening.
Exasperating though they sometimes may be, but I've learnt to love them. I've really learnt to understand their emotions and actions. And I think the best thing I've learnt as a teacher is love and patience. Alot of these growth are probably factored off from holding the primary responsibility for a whole class. But then, I feel that I'm not a good enough form teacher. Sometimes, breaking up the children's frequent fights, consoling their cries, chasing after them, cleaning up after them... wears me down physically and emotionally. Yet, my mind still has to be alert when replying parents' queries, especially about their child's behaviour/accidents. And really, some parents/caregivers ask very detailed questions such as, 'How long did my child sleep?', 'Did you do any activities with my child?', 'How much water did he drink? So little? You didn't ask him to drink??'
What's keeping me going working at the centre is really just my children. Their smiles, hugs and kisses brightens up my day, no matter how tired I may be. =) Haha... It's always great when you see that they're happy, espcially the autistic boy in my class (cos he tends to keep to himself, and never plays with any other children). I remember the child saying 'byebye' to me when he was going home the other day. It was the first time tt I actually heard him speaking, and for some reasons, I was so touched and happy. He's never spoken a word before! But then, I've not heard him saying anything else again after that day. Nvm... he will get better, I believe. =)
OK, now a recap on the happenings this year so far! =D
I'd actually wanted to start off from the beginning of the year, but the pics came out backwards. Ahha. Nvm, rewind from the most recent stuffs then! =P
PICS!
View from the plane:
snow-capped mountains
Sceneries:
rainbow!
When cowgirl meets tribal girl:
LOL!
my mum and I
my parents. So cute! ^^
PANDAS! =D
Our drama group:
not forgetting the endless presentations...
- We had fun in our field trips though:
Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
I havent seen many of them in a long time already.
At the much earlier part of this year,I went to China (Fujian) for YEP. Suffered alot of injuries, but I learnt to cope with my emotions independently. Also got to know many nice friends over there...
YEP'09 gang
I became closer to Xiaowei and Xinli through this trip. =)
The Shallow Team was also formed during our stay at Qitao.
*flip flip!
BAN MIAN AND BIAN ROU! hahhaha.
Post-YEP outing!
I guess I've travelled overseas quite alot this year! haha... If I don't remember wrongly, I've taken the plane 8 times this year. Most importantly, I went through alot of changes this year.. Alot of things happened at home too, which caused me to finally break down in front of my dad a couple of months ago. I remember breaking down in front of Yeelin in school the next day too, which scared her, I think. I felt really brittle, vulnerable during that period. At least what I've learnt from that episode was: 做人要看得开
Ok, I want this unhappy thing to go far far far away!! Don't wanna talk abt tt anymore...
Other changes... hmmm... 应该就是心态变了很多。In what ways, I can't really spell it out too. I guess I have let go of many things. =)
And... A NEW YEAR IS COMING SOON!
P/S: I almost forgot, I've turned 20 this year too! =D But didn't really celebrate it, except with my family. Thanks to all peeps for their b'day wishes and presents too!
- -Huey-